Paving jobs are big investments, so you want to make sure you hire the most reliable, reputable contractor in your area. Seal Pro’s Hawaii in Honolulu, HI, experienced asphalt sealer and driveway repair specialists, recommend asking the following questions before settling on a paving company:
- How Long Have You Been In Business?The amount of experience a company has is a strong indicator of the quality of their work, and their ability to meet any challenges your project might present. A company that’s been around for a while will also be more likely to be in business if you need additional repairs later.
- What Parts Of The Job Are Most Important?By identifying which parts of the project are most essential, you can make sure you and the contractor are on the same page; this will also help you get a more accurate quote, which you can compare among different companies.
- What Unique Challenges Do You Foresee?This is a very useful question because it forces the contractor to think carefully through the job and identify any problems before they start working.
- What Does The Quote Include?Before hiring any contractor, you should always make sure there aren’t going to be any hidden fees or extra costs.
- Do You Have Any References?A contractor with a history of satisfied customers will be glad to offer you references.
Visit our Services page to see a full list of our asphalt repair services, or just call (808) 591-6086 to discuss your project with our experts today! We look forward to hearing from you.
The Seal Pros Hawaii Team
I do like that the first question you encourage your readers to ask is how long the paving contractor has been in business. After all, you want to make sure that you are choosing an experienced company that will be handling your paving. There’s nothing wrong with choosing a new paving contractor, but more experienced ones will know how to deal with any major problems that may pop up during the work.
If your contractor says he’ll be running the job himself, ask whether he’ll be there every day.
I think it is great that one of the first questions is about how much experience the paving company has. After all, paving is a very important job, especially for parking lots and other commercial structures. Because of this though, you want to make sure that you’re hiring a company with many years’ worth of experience.
I think it is great that the article reminds readers to ask for references when choosing a paving contractor. After all, you want to make sure that the paver has the right skills and experience you will need for your job. A part of that would definitely include talking to past clients to get an idea of how well their former jobs have gone.
I really liked your tip to ask a company if they have any references and if you can contact or see them. I am looking to hire a company to pave my driveway. I will be sure to ask if I can have any references to their work.
Great post as a contractor I hate when I see good people hire someone just trying to make a quick buck. Don’t get me wrong Ill do the job every time lol
I love that you mentioned that a contractor who has had satisfied customers will be happy to offer references for you to check. We have been talking about finding a contractor to help us because we need to get the floor in our garage paved. It would be very important for us to hire a contractor who has a good work quality. When we look for one, I will be sure to check for references.
I loved the tip to check the references of a contractor before you hire them for your needs. We want to find a contractor to help us pave our garage floor. When we look for one, I will check their references to verify their work quality.
This bunch of questions are seems right before hiring an asphalt paving company. Also the answers are great, it can really persuade the homeowners or any potential costumers.
I didn’t know before that some contractors have hidden fees, so I appreciate the tip that you gave to consider checking to see if they do before we would hire them. My wife and I have been talking about finding a paving contractor to help us with our driveway because it needs to be repaved, and it will be important for us to know that we could afford to hire them. To be sure that we could, I will be sure to check if they have hidden fees, so we could take that into consideration.